About this website
search.socialhistory.org is a search platform for the collections of the International Institute of Social History
(IISH), Netherlands Economic History Archive (NEHA), and Persmuseum.
For practical information and answers to FAQs on accessing the collections please see Services.
The language switch applies to the labels on the website. The language of the data itself does not change.
– descriptions and inventories to
archival collections of IISH, NEHA and Persmuseum.
For Dutch archives a short description in Dutch is available, for all other archives the short description is in English. A search aid is available for over 1200 archives and can be in Dutch, English, German, French or Spanish, depending on the archives country of origin.
More information: socialhistory.org/en/archives.
- from the following serials are online available:
- International Review of Social History, 1936-1939
- Bulletin of the International Institute for Social History, 1937-1955
- International Review of Social History, 1956-2009
- Economisch-Historisch Jaarboek, 1915-1970
- Economisch- en Sociaal-Historisch Jaarboek, 1970-1993
- NEHA-Bulletin. Orgaan ten behoeve van de economische geschiedenis in Nederland, 1987-2003
- Jaarboek voor de Geschiedenis van Bedrijf en Techniek, 1984-1993
- Economic and Social History in the Netherlands, 1989-1996
- NEHA-Jaarboek voor economische, bedrijfs- en techniekgeschiedenis, 1994-2003
– small brochures from IISH collections arranged according to country / category.
An introduction to this collection is available at socialhistory.org/en/collections/documentation.
Books and brochures – contains records of all books and brochures in the library of IISH, NEHA, and Persmuseum.
Serials – contains 250,000 records of all newspapers, journal, yearbooks, and annual reports in the collections of IISH, NEHA, and, Persmuseum.
Documents – the image collection
held by the IISH includes about 250,000 photos, 138,000 negatives, and 22,000 drawings. The Institute has
one of the largest collections of posters in the Netherlands (ca. 125,000)
as well as several hundred banners. In addition, the collections include a considerable number of films (ca.
2500), videos (ca. 4000), and buttons. Over 200,000 images are available digitally.
There is a subject index in the thesaurus.
More information: socialhistory.org/en/collections/image-sound.
and sound - songs of struggle and protest;
historical recordings, in original and published. Speeches party leaders, congresses and meetings,
interviews and oral history projects.
More information: socialhistory.org/en/collections/sound.